MMK Cartonboard can block grease
24.11.2018 - Barriers, Sustainability, Cartonboard Know-How
Food packaging in store shelves has to be decorative and appetizing.
It should symbolise quality and good taste. Without annoying grease spots and discolourations! Cartonboard with a grease barrier makes for an ideal presentation.
Good to know
Depending on how greasy the packaged product is, the fat-repellent protection is applied either only to the reverse side of the cartonboard or also to the additional layers. The value defines the degree of grease repellence and ranges between 1 (weak) and 12 (strong). The rating results from the intensity of the cartonboard treatment. MM Karton produces grease qualities with grease barriers up to a value of 11. The qualities with grease barrier are of course used in packaging with direct food contact. They are also suitable for greasy non-food applications.
- Plastic or polystyrene clam shells and plates
- Cartonboard with lamination (e.g. PE, Aluminium)
- Greasy foods (e.g. baked goods and pastries, snacks, fast food)
- Cosmetics (e.g. moist tissues)
- slightly greasy Pet food
- Greasy technical products (e.g. ball bearings)