Pharmaceutical packaging made from recycled cartonboard for a sustainable future
15.03.2021 - Recycled Cartonboard, Sustainability, Cartonboard Know-How
Multicolor Belvedere - MCB (PH 0.3): uncompromising safety and reliable sustainability
The standards required of packaging for the pharmaceutical industry are some of the most exacting. In this heavily regulated sector, the protection of vital medical supplies must be ensured in order to guarantee their effectiveness and safety. MCB (PH 0.3) provides pharmaceutical companies with a new MMK packaging option that not only makes a positive contribution to sustainability, but also complies with the high safety standards of the pharmaceutical industry. This premium quality product, which is produced in the German MMK plant in Gernsbach, is based on Multicolor Belvedere, the European market’s best-selling recycled cartonboard with a white reverse side.
Recommended for the 2D matrix code
MCB (PH 0.3) excels with optimum coding properties for inkjet and laser as well as ideal results for embossed Braille printing, and provides the recommended quality for pharmaceutical folding boxes bearing a 2D matrix code as an individual identifying feature (in accordance with directive 2011/62/EU Falsified Medicines Directive, since 2019 it is mandatory for 2D matrix codes to be added to the primary and exterior packaging of all medicinal products).
Together with Supra (PH 0.3) and Multicolor Mirabell (PH 0.3), Multicolor Belvedere (PH 0.3) is the third recycled cartonboard suitable for pharmaceutical use in the Mayr-Melnhof cartonboard product portfolio.
- High delivery reliability and short delivery times as an important service component
- Good surface properties for perfect Braille printing and good printability and coatability
- Optimum coding properties (inkjet and laser) for applying 2D matrix codes for verifying the authenticity of a medicine, avoiding counterfeits and guaranteeing complete traceability
- Consistent quality to ensure uniform processing, an efficient packing process and an appearance that is always the same
- Moisture barrier (freeze barrier) to protect against moisture for cold-chain products during storage and transport in refrigerators or freezers
Interested? Datasheet and Samples of
Multicolor Belvedere (PH 0.3) can be found here: